Thursday, August 20, 2009

YSA




Jeff and I were so excited to be called to help with the 1st ever YSA conference for all of California. All of the YSA of California were broken down into 7 different areas, close to where they lived, to have a weekend that is planned to be the same at all the areas. The food, the talks, the activites, were all the same so no one area was better/worse than another. Just great! We had over 1200 YSA come to the Fresno Temple area. Jeff and I were working with another couple (GO BAKERS) and we were over Hydration! (The Best Place To Be EVER!) We were responsible for having several areas set up with water coolers and cups for people to be able to get water to drink and then at meals we had water bottles set up for everyone. This sounds simple, but it is time consuming, making sure all the coolers are filled all the time, there is plenty of ice in all of them, and there are cups available.
The first meal was pizza from Pizza Hut, salad, cookies...etc. (I just can't remember what else there was...sorry) To think about enough pizzas to feed over 12oo people...amazing! Yes, leave it to the mormons to feed the masses! There were so many loving hands willing to serve during this weekend, for weeks before to weeks after. The whole time I heard such wonderful support from everyone. I didn't hear complaining, or anyone upset. To hear singing, laughing and great conversations was so fun. How could you NOT want to be there?

There was activities and workshops all day for the Young Adults to get to know each other and great speakers at the workshops!
Speed Dating...

(It was great to have our son Colton there! I loved hearing it from his point of view!)(Not to mention just how cute he is!!!!)
I loved talking to all the young adults and listening to their conversations and I really enjoyed my time there. The most incredable time for me though was when we had Sacrament Meeting.
Sunday morning we were in the church building with all the people in the chapel, overflow, class rooms all through the building. Singing the hymns, you could feel the spirit. Then we sang the song for the sacrament. I was overwhelmed with the spirit, I could not sing. Seeing all the Young Men in their white shirts and ties, preparing the sacrament, the spirit was testifying how this was right. I was amazed at how fast the sacrament was passed. Within 10 minutes it was passed to the masses. Having that many young men with the priesthood, worthy to use it...felt amazing! I have a testimony of sacrament! I have a testimony of the priesthood! I am blessed to have the priesthood in my home! I am blessed for the opportunity to be able to be apart of this great weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout