Friday, February 7, 2014

Savior, may I learn to love thee, walk the path that thou hast shown, pause to help and lift another, finding strength beyond my own. Savior, may I learn to love thee-Lord, I would follow thee. Who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see, Who am I to judge another? Lord, I would follow thee. I would be my brother's keeper; I would learn the healer's art, to the wounded and the weary I would show a gentle heart. I would be my brother's keeper- Lord, I would follow thee. Savior, may I love my brother as I know thou lov-est me, find in thee my strength, my beacon, for thy servant I would be, Savior, may I love my brother-Lord, I would follow thee. This is the song that closed the Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. It was our last time as members of the Mt. View Ward for the next two years. (Yes I bawled!) I love this song and it has taken on an entire different meaning to me now. Jeff and I have been called to serve in the Peach Wood Ward for the next two years to serve the Deaf and Deaf/Blind who have also been moved to the Peach Wood Ward. ...Walk the path that thou hast shown, pause to help and lift another, finding strength beyond my own....I struggle with sign language. I pray often to have Heavenly Father help me to better serve. How better than to be in the same ward with my Deaf/Deaf-Blind brothers and sisters. In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see...this was shown to me several times this last year. When I shared my story of struggle with cancer with my sisters, several sisters shared quietly with me of their own struggles that no one else knew about. I hurt that these sisters have been struggling on their own! I find that I am softer at times since I know we are ALL going through something, we just don't all show it. I LOVE Mt. View Ward! I feel as though the people there are family. I have been served and loved GREATLY there. I have to admit that it is hard for me to change wards. I am trying to keep an open heart and mind to this new adventure. I see the wisdom in the move. It is going to be bumpy for the first few weeks, months...BUT I have seen arms open as brothers and sisters have already expressed the desire to get to know us and to try to communicate with the Deaf on their own. HURRAY! The support has been AMAZING! I haven't moved, I am in the same house, same street..So I know I will still see by brothers and sisters from Mt.View ward. I now have opportunity to meet new friends!...May I love my brother as I know thou lovest me. Find in thee my strength my beacon, for thy servant I would be! Savior, may I love my brother! Lord, I would follow thee!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout