Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Serving My Sisters

This July we will have been in Fresno (for the second time) for 3 years. When we had been here about 6 months, I had really prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me to be able to remember my sisters names at church. I have a REALLY hard time remembering names and I wanted to get to know the sisters. Well, about 2 weeks later, I was called to be the Relief Society Secretary. Chris was the president, with Kim and Laurie as her counselors. It was an incredible year before Chris and Kim and Laurie were released. I was kept in to serve with Susie and Jackie and Charisse. Wow, I did not know why I was kept in, but was happy to be there. I HAD learned all of my sisters names, and all about them. One more year with Susie and girls, and this last weekend, I was released and called into the Nursery. I am finding that when I ask Heavenly Father for something that to me would seem so easy of a thing, he gives me a 2 year mission and stretches me and makes me grow beyond the simple request. I wanted to know names, I came to know hearts! What a wonderful blessing my Heavenly Father gave me. I have been able to serve my sisters one way and now have the great blessing to serve them another. I am Thankful for the friendships that I now have from serving with these amazing ladies; Chris, Laurie, Kim, Susie, Charisse, Jackie. I have learned how to be a cheerleader, how to sometimes speak soft, how to look at things from a different angle, how to be positive, (Come what may and LOVE it).

1 comment:

shelleyv said...

Hey girlfriend,
I'm going to miss my monthly giggle with your gals e-mail. I want you to know that you did an amazing job. Thanks for your friendship and your wonderful service.

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout