Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just need to vent for a minute!

Several years ago my parents divorced. It was everything. Good, bad, ugly and the best thing for both my parents. They have both remarried, and are happy in their worlds. With that said....
Now jump to back to today and see how the world tries to bring 2 families together. My Dad and his wife’s. Between the two they have 11 kids and bunches of grandkids. I think my Dad’s wife is PERFECT for him. I have seen how truly happy my Dad is with his wife. I know that she loves him.
This past week was the second time that I have had Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad’s wife’s family. Having a meal with the “other side” has showed me a few things. I say the “other side” because “our side” has tried repeated times to make the “other side” part of the family only to be shot down and told that we would never be family. How sad. I keep trying, but this week finally put to end my trying. I tried several times to start a conversation with different people, only to be shut down quickly. I listened to the conversation that they were having among themselves to the realization that they are not nice to each other! The teenagers have so many troubles that truly sprout from the parents. My sister and I had found humor in the conversations and were laughing, only to find out that we had offended others and then my Dad and his wife had to have therapy 101. Who has energy for all that? Since my Dad has gotten married, his wife’s kids have tried to break them up, even to the point of accusing my Dad of some really rotten stuff. My Dad has put up with it all, because he loves his wife. So, let’s see...they are mean to one other, they don’t want to get to know us and they are offended by us. Yep, these are people I want to spend time with! NOT! I want to surround myself with people that are happy! People that WANT to be around me. I want to be around uplifting people. People with a sense of humor. People that can have fun without tearing down others.
It is hard when I have drawn a picture of how I want my family to be and then someone comes along and colors over my picture with a black crayon. I keep trying to get my picture to be the way I drew it without accepting that someone else changed it and I can’t change it back.
I did not have the child hood that I would have wanted. I do not have the family that I keep trying to draw. At some point in time, it is time to write a new book of reality. I need to be healthy and going back to try to make something happen that just can’t is just hurting myself without reason. This week has shown me that I will not try Thanksgiving with my Dad’s wife’s family again. I am done trying to make cranky people like me. Lesson learned!

I have to add on to this...
sooooo...weeks have passed. It is now after Christmas only to find out that the drama carried on! (Really!?!)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout