Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oh Yum!

My girlfriend (Hi DaNae) came back from one of her many adventures in Utah, telling me about this mother/daughter team that have come up with a recipe for bread that does not use oil or eggs, and claim that you can make really good whole wheat bread, 45 minutes from Can to Jam. Well we all know that if you grind your own wheat, mix your bread and try to let it raise and cook it in 45 minutes, it just won't happen. Needless to say, my interest was perked! I sent for my own copy of their DVD, Pantry Secrets created by Jeannie Dayton and Mindy Spencer. Now, what they are teaching as far as what to do with the bread dough is really nothing I didn't know already. What I wanted to know is how to make bread without eggs or oil and have it come out light and fluffy! I didn't have time to grind my wheat so I went ahead and just tried it with white flour. Well, my first batch....texture was fine, just wasn't the flavor that I was hoping for. So the next batch, I adjusted a few thing. The batch makes 4 loaves and I really didn't want that much bread around so I split the batch in half and made one loaf and them made my sticky buns. (My recipe is different then on the DVD). OHMYJEEPERS! This was a big mistake! I ended up eating most of the batch all by my self! I don't feel I can share the bread recipe yet, need to find out if that is ok, but here is the sticky buns recipe.

Bread dough/enough for one loaf broken into a bunch of pieces that are pretty much the same size
1 package of COOK and SERVE vanilla pudding. (No, can not sub instant.)
About 3/4 cup of brown sugar
A couple of shakes of ground cinnamon. More depending on your taste.
1 stick of melted butter

Mix the pudding, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
Dip the pieces of dough into the butter and then roll in the the pudding mixture and then layer in a lightly greased bread pan. (Really only want about 2 good layers)
Sprinkle left over butter and pudding mixture on top.
Let rise till near the top of the pan.
Cook at *350 for about 25 minutes or top is a golden brown.
Turn out onto a plate as soon as comes out of the oven so that all the goo can be poured on top.


YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout