Sunday, December 20, 2009

Past Few Days

So much has been going on that I thought it would just be easier to blog it all at one time.
Across the street from me is this house. I got a kick out of the fact that the polar bear has flowers blooming behind it. At night time their lights give off a soft glow that reflects to our yard. I will be sad when they take the lights down.
The other day we actually had fog. I love how it makes the trees look. It is interesting how people here can not drive in fog! I get frustrated getting behind people going 20 mph when you can see at least a half mile ahead of you.
Today in church we had our Christmas program and we had many visitors. We had 19 kids in nursery with 4 more popping in and out. It is fun to see just how much of a schedule these kids are use to when I changed it up today since classes were shortened so we could get out early for a ward social. We didn't have snack time since the ward was serving cinnamon rolls for the social. Several of the kids let me know that we were doing it wrong. We were missing snack! We finally were able to convince them that they would not miss snack, but that they were going to have snack with Mom and Dad today. What a great group of kids we had today! I love it! Yes, this is a picture of 18 kids ,ages 3 and under, sitting and coloring while we gave the lesson. Amazing!
This is one of my buds! He insisted on having me take his picture today and wanted to see it. I am going to miss having him in my class. Next week is the last week for several of my kids since at the beginning of the new year the 3 year olds will be moving up to the next class, the Sunbeams. About 7 of our kids will be moving up. They are such good helpers and have the BEST stories. (Not to mention, they CAN talk and I can understand them.) Our little ones that will be with us for another year to 2 years are just learning how to talk. I am so Thanful for the helpers that I have in nursery. I could never do this job without them. This many kids on my own? Makes me shiver just thinking about it. (I truely enjoy this calling, but go home every week so wiped!)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout