Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Tree

For almost 20 years we have had a little tree that has had special meaning for us. Unfortunally that tree has started looking like a Charlie Brown tree. It is falling apart. It just wasn't feeling much like Christmas and I really did not feel like decorating. It took about 2 weeks of Jeff telling me it is time to get a new tree to convince me it was time to go shopping. After running back and forth between two stores looking at the selection, we finally found one we both agreed on. The only thing missing was the wonderful smell. We found a live wreath that smells like Christmas. We brought the tree and wreath home and started decorating the tree. It took me a bit of time since I am so use to decorating a two foot tall tree. This one is over 6 feet! Even then, I had it almost finished when we though something was missing. It just was not working. So I added other colors. Nope, still not right. Then another color. Ooops, now it looks like a patriotic tree. OK, take all the blue off! THATS IT! ( NO Colton, take the blue off! I understand that you love the blue ornaments but they don't work on this tree. Go put the blue ones on a little tree for your room.)
Then I felt like decorating the rest of the house. Now it feels like Christmas. I am looking forward to this week when we will have all of our kids home!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout