Friday, January 29, 2010

January

So how did I do this month...I have been sick ALL month! I finally gave in and went to the Urgent Care. I don't go to the regular doctor's office any more since every time i go it is: 1. hard to get an appointment, 2. filled with cranky people, 3. the last 2 times I have gone to that office I have waited OVER 2 hours past my appointment time to be seen. The last time I was in and I had waited in the waiting room for an hour and then another hour in the exam room, I had a very loud discussion with the doctor about how rude he was for keeping me waiting. It is hard to even leave your house when you don't feel good and then to sit for two hours and have a simple "Sorry"is just not ok. So, now I go to Urgent Care and the reasons: 1. it cost less, 2. I am in and out within 20 minutes, 3. there is usually only a few people waiting, 4. they fax my perscriptions right to my choice of pharmacy. LOVE IT, I mean if you have to go see a doctor, and you need meds, that is the way to go.
Ok so getting back to the fact that I was sick this month...I just could not clear up this cough. It turns out that I had a secondary infection in my lungs and my sinuses were swollen shut with it leaking into my ears. The doc put me on all kinds of stuff...I am better but still not up to snuff. The sad part is that I shared the gunk with Jeff and Colton. They have both been on drugs too. Needless to say, I am not ready to give up my soda. (I know it was a long story to get to the point of how my soda addiction is goin..)
So the good thing about being sick, if there is one, is that I have had time to read. I love to read. I usually have a hard time picking out books so I contacted a friend of mine (HEY JEN)that I know is in a book club. She gave me her group's list..I am so excited to have books to read.
The books that I have read so far this month is:
The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
Uglies
Pretties
Specials all by Scott Westerfeld
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

I don't think I would have chosen any of these books on my own. I am thankful for Jen giving me this list so that I could read books that are out of my norm so that I could read different writting styles and topics that are so diverse from each other. The past couple of years I have really been into the "Popular" teen books and have gotten into the wizard, dragon, vampire type books. These books are not even close to those books in topic which really was quite refreshing. I did have a hard time with two of the books until I was in the middle of them and then really wanted to finish them. I am so glad I did. I have two more books on this short list that are again very different from the rest. Then I hope that Jen will have more books for me to read! Keep it going!

1 comment:

holly said...

ok...read most of those books, had to stop when they got into the cutting and self abuse in the specials series. Hope you feel better.

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout