Sunday, May 9, 2010

Linus


This is one of my sweethearts in Nursery. I have renamed him. He is Linus. When I started in Nursery Linus would cry any time he saw me. It didn't matter where I saw him, the moment he saw me, he would cry. I was starting to really have hurt feelings wondering what I may have done to scare this little one. I was really frustrated trying everything to help him to be happy in class without Mom and Dad. Several times we even tried letting him cry it out. Nope, he is a strong will that would make himself start gagging. I talked to Mom about it to find out that he really loves his class and talks about it during the week, and that he is just a "Klingon" to Mom and is really shy. Well, somehow at the beginning of the year, Mom had many talks with him during the week about going to his class and that Mom and Dad were not going with him because he was a big boy now. He would come in with fear in his eye, and would "Klingon" to Mom, but I would peel him off and hold on to him talking softly to him and singing songs. Soon I fould that if I would give him a job, he was so happy to help. He became my best set of helping hands. The one thing I have found out is that Linus does not handle change or stress. If anyone starts crying in class, He is under his blanket. If someone new comes in to the class, He is under his blanket. The fact that he now comes into class and will say goodby to Mom and is such a big helper says the blanket is working. LOVE THIS KID!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout