Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harvest

This last month I was reading my friend's blog and her experience with getting ready for a huge marathon and how she did. Forgive me for my paraphrasing, I really do not have the talent for words that she does. She used the term, "The Hay Is In The Barn" meaning farmers will work the land for several months, preparing the land, planting the hay, etc until the hay is in the barn. The farmers will only get the amount of hay that they really worked for. In her training for the marathon, she worked hard, but probably could have worked harder. She was not able to finish the race this year. She got as far into the race as she had prepared for. This got me thinking about this past year. At the beginning of the year we all make our new goals. Things we were going to accomplish. So how did we do? How hard did we work? How much "Hay is in the barn"? I have tried looking back on this year to see if I can even tell what I have accomplished, planned or not planned. I say planned or not planned because I can now see, when looking back, that Heavenly Father had his hand in all that I was able to accomplish, weather I was trying to reach a specific goal or I was just plowing though what was put in front of me. Did I "Harvest" friendships? Did I "Harvest" education? Did I just survive? In Octobers General Conference President Tomas S. Monson spoke and said, ..."may we be filled with gratitude for the right of choice, accept the responsibility of choice and ever be conscious of the results of choice." As I move into the next few weeks of "Crazy get ready for Christmas" moments, I want to keep in mind and close to my heart the 3 R's and better plan what I hope to be able to "Harvest" this next year. What will be in "MY Barn"?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout