Friday, July 12, 2013

July 8-12

For some reason the blog is wigging out and wont let me spell check or change fonts or anything so I am not sure if this will work..lets try! What a week this has been... July 8th: I was referred to the Women's Center to see what is going on with my lower half. I thought I was just going in for a consult to talk about how I am probably in perimenopause so I didn't take anyone with me. I love that it is a teaching clinic/hospital. There are so many people looking over all of your information. I had a student take all my history and information. She took her time and really went over everything. Then she stepped out and talked to the doctor in charge. The student and the doctor came back in and talked to me about what they wanted to do. They wanted to do a uterus biopsy. Would that be ok with me? Why not..go for it! The student was just there to observe this time..They both did not know what Paget's looked like so of course I flashed them. I don't think they were expecting that but now they will know how it may look on someone else. So I had the nurse, student and doctor all in looking at my lower half..we are very close now. They promised that if they saw me at the grocery store they would still make eye contact and say hello to me. To do a uterus biopsy they stick a long straw looking contraption up you and scrape the inside of the uterus. (Of course with all the contraptions holding you open)..Now the room is FREEZING, you have very little clothes on, you are trying to stay RELAXED so it will be easier to get the biopsy and would you not guess...you have the urge to pee. That was the hard part because after having 4 children..well, you know... The doctor took two biopsies since I was doing ok without her having to numb me..it REALLY hurt but I am learning not to jump or pull away when people are poking and proding me. I won't know the results till the 22nd. I was told to go home and take it easy for two days since I will be bleeding from the biopsy. BLAH! I hate to hold still! I held still for the rest of the day but then on Tuesday I went shopping for some hats and scarfs. I want to get them when I am still feeling good and Walmart has some good prices right now. After I went to lunch with two really good friends and laughted. It was so good to laugh. Yep, felt it that night! Yuck! July 11th: Lung Biopsy! I had to be at the hospital at 8, no food or drink since the night before, no makeup, no jewelry, comfy clothes. I didn't really know where in the hospital I was suppose to go so we went a little bit early. We found the place and were on time. (We, meaning my sweetheart and myself..)Jeff was my driving buddy since I probably wouldn't be able to drive myself home. They took me into a big room that had several beds in it with curtins seperating the beds. There were three other people in beds with nurses working on them. I had my own team, including a student. The student was REALLY nervous like HE was going in for the procedure or something..I got changed into a "gown" and hooked up with IV in my hand, thing on my finger and a cuff on my arm. The nurse took blood from my hand and then said she needed a urine sample. SERIOUS..with all the stuff on me..OK...I must say I was pretty good getting it! YEP! NOT PREGNENT! WHOOT WHOOT..(I could have told you that!) OK, 9:00 they wheeled me into another room. A small room. The drug man put some stuff in my hand IV hookup..he called it "You just don't care" juice. Man that stuff works fast! Next thing I know a deep voice is telling me to please cover my mouth when I cough. I didn't know I was coughing. I am SOOOO groggy. I kindof remember wanting something to drink. Then I was out again. Some how I have gotten my clothes back on. I know they put me in a wheelchair, but I don't remember the ride out. Then I am in my truck. NOPE, I am walking up the stairs to my room to get my jammies on. I climb in bed and remember Jeff coming in telling me one cup has water in it, the other has ice and a lid to keep the cat out of it. BOOM I am out again. I think somewhere around noon or one I woke up and made my way downstairs to the couch. I am so nauseous! I have a bit of a sore throat but not even close to what I thought I would have. My head hurts and it is all I can do to not throw up. This was an all day thing. I HATE THAT FEELING! I was able to drink some soda and some water and finally got some food in my tummy but it really didn't help. Around 7 I finally took the last of my headache pills. It helped! Jeff showed me the pictures from the procedure. WOW! So on the CT scan it showed the mass was on the outside of my airway, inside my lung. The pictures from the procedure shows the mass in my airway totally blocking my airway to my lower lobe. Now I have air getting in and out of that lobe so it doesn't make sense. The doctors are baffled! They took a little scraping from the mass but didn't want to rupture it. I should know more on Monday. I hope. Today I feel like a pinata! I hurt all over..my chest is fine..throat a little sore..BODY HURTS! My mom thinks I fell off the table..oops. I was coughing a lot yesterday and it felt good! Today when I cough my back hurts! It is really hard to cough. I am messed up! I went to see my chiropractor friend who adjust my back and neck. It helps but I still hurt. So Monday I have appointments starting at noon with one doctor and finishing up around 4 with others. I have an appointment set up for August 12 with the plastic surgeon which tells me my surgery won't be till the middle of August or later. I hope I am wrong. I don't look forward to hurting and going through all the YUCK, but I am anxious to start feeling better. I will update on Monday when I know more.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Checking on you to see how you're doing...continued prayers for you! You are a champion:)

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout