Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh My!

Be careful what you say...


I had planned on cleaning and organizing my house this summer so that when school is back in I won't be tripping over myself. We have been living in the house we are in for about a year and a half now, so a good scrub is in order. I was just having a bit of a time finding time to clean. Well..


Yesterday I threw a load of laundry in the washing machine. I had a FULL bottle of this

sitting on top of my washing machine. ( I have a front loader..)

When I got home, it was not on top of the washing machine anymore. It was ALL over the floor. My first thought was to just sit down and have a good cry...then I thought I should have something to eat because you just don't cry over this stuff so I must be having a low blood sugar. I ate some dinner and felt so much better. After looking at the scene of the crime for a few minutes trying to decide how I was going to get all that soap up, the idea to look it up on the internet came to mind. I am sure someone else has had this happen before...

AAAAHHHHH...Can I just say how much I LOVE the internet! One of the sights suggested using this..
It just so happens that I had this! So I sprinkled the cat litter all over the spill, somewhat thick, and waited about 10 minutes. It was great! It got 98% of the soap up just leaving a slight film. Now the internet also says that you don't want to add water because it will just make this stuff go on forever. But by the time you get down to the last 98% with just a film left, the internet says to use vineager to cut the soap. It took me over 2 hours to scoop everything up, and I still have some cat litter on the floor, and a little bit of a film...(it was after midnight when I gave up) but for the most part...One more good wash of the floor and it will all be up..yes, I even cleaned behind the washer. My laundry room is cleaner than it was yesterday. I didn't know that I needed to really clean my laundry room, but I guess I did.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout