Friday, September 18, 2009

How to Keep a Husband Home

My husband is a guy who just can't hold still. If he holds still for a day, he really does not feel good. Sundays are really hard for him. He is such a hard worker that most of the guys he hires (20-30 year olds) can't keep up with him. Our son HATES to work for him because he can't keep up. Yes, my husband can out work a 19 year old.
Last week, he was getting out of the pool, walked to the other side getting ready to dive back in when...OOOWWWWCCHHHHH...instant pain.
A trip to the chiropractor finds that my dear husband has torn his meniscus.
( Wow, when you say it like that, it sounds just wrong.)
For a week the man has been on the couch, icing his knee. He uses a office chair to wheel himself around the house. (Thank heaven we have tile through most of the house..) We finally borrowed some crutches from some friends and he found some freedom. Then the other day the chiro got a brace for his knee. More freedom. The really hard part is that the Elk hunt is in 3 weeks. Jeff works incredibly hard during the year for this 2 week getaway. On his hunt he hikes all over tarnation. It has been a real eye opener to me just how busy this man usually is and how much I rely on him for all of my projects. I am loving having him home, but I am sad that he is in pain and that he is tied to the couch. This is one of the hardest weeks for him ever. Poor guy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout