Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween '09

Can I just start this by saying how much I really do love Halloween! I don't like the "Scary" "Satanic" side of it, but I love the wimsical, dress up out of your norm, side of it. I love fun decorations and the fun of trick-or-treaters! THIS YEAR WAS AWFUL!

What happened?

Well the best that I can think of is:

Our kids are past the "door knocking for candy" age.

LuvLump was the only one home and she really did not want to dress up. This was as dressed up as she got all day. But I don't blame her, those bottoms are comfy!
(I have a pair too and wore them all day!)

I took most of my stuff to Doc's office to decorate it there.


I really thought that little ones would be out early so by 5:30 I had my bowl of candy ready and waiting! Luvlumps pumpkin was lit and welcoming! I was dressed up and waiting by the door!

NO ONE CAME UNTIL 7:30! And it was teenagers. Now I don't have a problem with teens, but I really looked forward to all the little ones. We only saw about 5 little ones and maybe 30 teens (and that is stretching it!) By 8:30 it was over! I was so disappointed.

My neighbor says that next year we should just all go out to dinner and forget handing out candy. I guess she is right. But I am still bummed!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout