Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Hunting We Will Go..

I have a "Oh Mighty Great White Hunter" that lives with me. Every year for the past, oh I would say 6 years, he has worked really hard all year to be able to take a few weeks and go to his cousin Joyce's place up in Idaho to go hunting for this...

Well...for the past 6 years all he has been able to get next to is this...

All would be well if he had a tag for this...but he only gets tags for that...
This year he even got some great footage of a moose that was not too far from him and did not seem shy at all. (That is a bit scary!)
Jeff even texted me at one point saying he was in Elk Heaven but all the Elks must be really rotten and have gone to (oh you know) because there were none to be found.
He so enjoyes his time with his cousin and really would love to live at the ranch, but if he could just shoot an elk...then the long drive to Idaho would be all that more sweet!
{I have to say though that I was raised a "Oh Great White City Girl" and it is hard for me to eat Deer and Elk. So a little part of me is really happy when he does not come home with meat. (Sorry Honney!!!)}










No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout