Friday, November 6, 2009

Hurray!


For almost 2 years now I have been renting a house that when it was built was not painted but wall papered. I am talking wall to wall to wall papered. Not just any paper...UGLY!

As you can see I have tried to cover it with pictures and other things to try and draw your eye away...
The problem is that IT JUST DOES NOT MATCH MY BEDSPREAD!
Well I started in the little alcove/dressing area. The paper was so old that it was very brittle but easy to peel off the wall. It is the paste that is hard to get off. It takes forever!
I ran out of time after strippin, primin and painting the weekend that I did this little area, that I had to plan when I could finish doing the rest of the room. I knew it would take me at least a week to do. Of course I was working all day to come home at night to do the little area and knew I wanted time off of work to do the rest.
Well, my daughter Kea and her husband needed a job for a week, did I have any jobs for them to do? Did I have a job for them?!?!?! OH YEAH BABE!
So here is the finished product!
I LOVE IT! Oh, and in talking to the husband after doing the little area by myself , he says... "Why didn't you use the paint that has the primer in it?"
THEY HAVE THAT? So I went and got it for my daughter to use...It makes the job SOOOO much shorter, but the smell!!!! It looks great but smells awful! It has been a couple of weeks now and the smell is still there! The trade off though....smelly pretty walls!
So happy to have this one done!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout