Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goals

I normally don't make new year resolutions, I find themes for the year. My favorite was a few years ago that my little neighbor (at the time) had given me. "Say Jesus Loves Me! Now say it like you mean it!" This year I have really struggled with a theme.
The past few months I have really struggled with trying to get approval from people that for all of my life, I thought I needed. After a really great talk with my sister, the realization has been like an AAAAHHHHHAAAA moment. Then in Sacrament meeting today, fast and testimony meeting seemed to be about getting on a good path and sticking to it.
I need to find a good path that I can "stick to". I think this needs to cover all areas of my life.
A dear friend of mine says that one needs to re-invent ones self every couple of years. I guess it is like looking at yourself and asking if this is the person you want to be? Do I like myself? Are there areas that I feel that I can REALLY improve? (Not just try for a week and then slip back into old habits..)
This year I want to get Healthy! I am not talking the , start exercising this week and then stop...
I am thinking Healthy Spirit, Healthy Mind, Healthy Relationships.
I want to make list for each month of things I want to work on for THAT month. I think it will be easier to stick with it, like the concept of how do you eat an elephant...one bite at a time.

For January, (I have a yucky cough and I really don't feel good... the only thing I want to drink...)
Jeff says that we drink too much soda. My name is Janey and I am a sodaholic! (HI Janey!) I love Dr. Pepper. It goes with EVERYTHING! Breakfast, Lunch AND Dinner. Not to mention dessert! I start my morning with a can! Breakfast of champions! We try-ed backing off by getting Decaff. Dr. Pepper. Not as good, but a close 2nd. But, it really didn't slow me down. I know it is not good for me. I KNOW IT! So, this month...it is about the soda.
To Be Continued!

1 comment:

holly said...

If you don't buy it, you can't drink it. But I like the theme instead of the goals. Are you sure you aren't in y.w. or something? love ya.

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout