Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15

3 weeks past surgery. Wow. I had an appointment on Tuesday with my surgeon. She is amazing. She called me (herself..not a nurse) to see how I was doing and if I had any questions or concerns. I told her I was still having some problems that I was not sure if it is normal or not after surgery so she had me come in so we could look at it. A few weeks ago when I went in to have my second drain removed, she was not there and another doctor had pulled it. Then when I went in for a check on how it was healing, again she was not there. She was on a work week vacation, if you could call it that. At the check up the doctor at the time had decided that I needed an ultra sound to see if I had fluid built up on my side and that could be why I was having the nerve problems in my arm and side. MY doctor was upset that I was never seen and that I have not heard from any other doctors regarding test or future appointments. SHE got on the computer and found that I do have an appointment this next week and then I am meeting with Oncology the first week in September. SOOOO that is good. She then gave me the green light to go back to my normal activites, just listen to my body. Only lift what I feel comfortable lifting. Don't over do it, rest when tired. OK! Jeff was my witness! She gave me some stretches to do to limber up my arms so I don't loose range of motion. She says I am doing really well for someone who has just had surgery 3 weeks ago. I start back to work tomorrow and next week is the first week of school. Wo! Here it comes! I am still trying to figure out clothes, so this will be an adventure. I am trying to focus on work because thinking about the next adventure in my health is starting to scare me. I have been doing some reading and none of it sounds fun. Thats all I want to talk about it right now because I know that what ever happens, it will be my own adventure!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout