Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21st

One month past surgery. Ta-Da! What a week so far. Monday August 19th: I had to go into the hospital for a CT. This one involved drinking some of the most NASTY liquid I have ever had. I was told it had crystal light lemon in it to cover the taste of the tracer. NASTY, People! Find something else to flavor it with..At least it was cold, and they gave me a straw so I could put the straw to the back of my mouth trying to pass all the taste buds. AND they gave me 90 minutes to get it down. OH, but not all of it. I needed to save the last half an inch to drink right before the test. My sweetheart was with me to help entertain me while chugging. We were able to walk the hospital while doing the chug..must say, that is one of the best places to people watch. After I got the liquid down, I changed into my "daylight gown" and headed in to the testing room. Ok, this is where you know I am not of the medical field when I don't know what to call things...The needle they put in your arm for an IV, yep, they put one of those in my arm and then they shoot some stuff in it and you taste something like a metal taste in your mouth and then you start the test, the table goes in to a tube..too hard to explain everything..then they hook up the tracer to the thing in your arm and now you have the feeling that you are going to wet your pants. True..at least it is a warm feeling. 10 minutes later you are having the needle thing ripped out of your arm, you are free to change back into your clothes, and PLEASE drink lots of water to flush out of your system the stuff we gave you to drink earlier. UUGGG! Today, Wednesday August 21: I headed back to the hospital. I am starting to know my way around that place..I have that needle shoved back into my arm, a bunch of liquid pushed into the needle and there it is again..that metal taste in my mouth. Now comes the metal box. Inside is a syringe with the radio activit tracer and other stuff. It is shoved into the needle thing in my arm..I feel it go up my arm and into my chest..it is cold! Then more of the "metal in my mouth" liquid is shoved in after it. Now at this point the tech says, "Hey girl, you are now HOT!" Like I wasn't before that? I have been having hot flashes all morning... I can go about my day, but I have to be back in 4 hours. SOOOO...I pick up my sweetheart and back to the hospital we go. Now we get to go to a big room with a weird table and mechanical arm that has a weird tube thing on it.. again too hard to explain...I have to lay down and hold really still for about an hour with a big flat thing VERY VERY close to my face and upper body. Good thing I am not closterphobic, but this could very well make me! I had to close my eyes for a bit. The table was very slowly making its way out from this flat thing, as it was taking pictures of the radioactive stuff inside of me. The pictures are a FULL body scan. AND they do a 3-D picture. The tech lets us see what the pictures look like after I am all done..It is way cool! I have to go back tomorrow and do the scan again. I don't get shot up any more, they are looking at what is left inside of me. AND I might have to go back on Friday. I have to drink lots of water to flush this stuff out of me. AGAIN YUCK! I am so tired of Peeing!!!! (Sorry, TMI again..) Ok, so my stitches are healing, my skin is still UBER sensitive. I was given the green light to start wearing my new boobs. They are so...so...I don't even have a word to describe. I do think they look better than my originals. The best part is I can take them off and put them away when I am done for the day. I think I have worn them a bit too much though because I am SOOO sore. I didn't wear them today. I will wear them when I go to work, but then I rush home to hurry and take them off. I know when I am all healed I will be able to wear them longer. I have new thoughts when I think of "Letting myself go" or "Slipping into something more comfortable"...Whole new meaning!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout