Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Two Weeks

Has it really been two weeks since I had surgery? In some ways it is fast, others a bit slow. I feel good, tired, but good. I have sore spots, but if I didn't we would all worry. Yesterday I had a check up from one of my surgeons. She says everything looks good, the pain that I am having down my arm and side might be from fluid build-up. I am waiting for a ultrasound to find out. Hopefully in the next few days I will hear from all the other doctors that want a piece of me... So, the good and the bad that I have learned this past 2 weeks: Lets start with the negitive since I always like to end on a happy note.. 1. Some people have really big hearts and want to let you know they understand what you are going through and share stories about their great-aunts, cousins, 2 doors down neighbor who's dog had cancer..it died..but I know you will make it. Thats hard to listen to...I really need positive right now... 2. I am having a hard time with the clothes in my closet. My skin is UBER sensitive and finding a shirt that I can handle not to mention make it not so notice-able that I am missing something on top, has become quite a challenge. I am trying to embrase the very flat top of me but it is hard when my stomach looks like I am now 7 months prego! (Yes, I know that when you look at me know you will be staring at my mid section..go ahead..I look at it often myself and giggle) 3. I hate holding still. I thought that laying in bed all day or just to sit and veg in my rocking chair would feel so good...NOT 4. I think the hardest part is not healing as fast as I had expected. Well, I really didn't know what to expect, but I know that having the gunk under my arm was not in the plan. OK, now the positive... 1. I LOVE all the support and love that I have been given by SOOOO many people. My name has been put on SEVERAL Temple prayer rolls and all the others that have prayed for me. I feel it every day! I feel so much love that at times it is overwhelming to say the least. 2. I have 5 new "scars" to be proud of. (Please refer back to previous post) I am amazed at how many other STRONG people have "scars" that I did not know about that now share with me! They strenghten my testimony daily. 3. WE have had some amazing dinners! SO yummy and not to mention the COOKIES! Yes! Jeff is a happy man! I am so thankful for all the hands that have prepared with love the food for us! 4. My testimony has grown leaps and bounds! ( I know some people will now think I have gone loony especially those that don't believe in God or Jesus Christ...)The love I have for my husband and the priesthood he holds and the love he has for me has been my anchor. I know my Father in Heaven LOVES me and has a plan for me. The hard part is just going along with it with out asking too many questions. Just GO WITH IT! I will learn so many great things from this adventure. There is a scripture in D&C 24:8. God is talking to Joseph Smith but I have applied it to myself: Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. I know this to be true. With all my being.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout