Saturday, August 3, 2013

July 30-Aug 3

Well I guess I was healing too well and too quickly. I needed something to slow me down. I had gotten one of my tubes out on Monday, by Tuesday night the other tube really started to bother me. My right arm is SUPER swollen where they took the lymph nodes out and it swelled up down my right side. Slowly I started getting a feeling like my arm is asleep. It started on my sholder and has worked its way down to my elbow. Thursday I left two messages on the nurse line at the doctors office letting them know I was having problems. I never heard back from them. My Angel came over after she got off work to look at me. I am red around the drain tube and I have puss around it. I am red all up my side and the swelling has gotten really big. I can't put my arm down all the way and it hurts unless I have a pillow under it supporting it. She put me on antibiotics and told me to go in to my doctor's office in the morning as a walk in. Friday morning I was the first one in the office, only to find out all the doctors are out till after one. I talk to a nurse who then looks at my side and puts a call into my doctor to see if we can pull the tube. An hour and a half later we get ahold of the doctor and she wants me to be seen by someone before pulling the tube so I have to come back at 1. At 1 I have another surgeon look at my side and he said it was infected and it would be ok to pull my drain! Hurray! BUT MAN THAT HURTS! I have to hold still for the next couple of days, which is not my strong suit. The past two nights I have finally had to take pain meds. That is when you know it hurts. My stiches feel really weird. My skin is ultra sensitive and it is hard to find a shirt that I can handle wearing, let alone cover myself enough to go into public. I am so tired today. I know it is my body trying to heal. I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday. Hopefully I will be feeling better way before then!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout