Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3rd

Sometimes it feels like this is all old news now and there are better things to talk about. Then I find out someone JUST found out about what I am going through and want to ask all kinds of questions...I am fine talking about it but this is really weird since I don't usually talk that much about myself. I normally don't seek the spot light. It really is ok to talk about other things..ummm...the problem is that not much else is going on since I am busy with doctor appointments or test..blah! So, PLEASE feel free to talk about what is happening in your world! Ok, well...So...a few weeks ago I got a phone call from the clinic I went to when I was diagnosed. They want me to come in for a follow up appointment. That is really weird since I thought I had been handed off to the surgery center. Not much the clinic can do for me. Ok, I will come in and do a follow up. It is on a Saturday which is crazy, but ok. So I drive DOWN (it takes about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic) to the clinic. This is the conversation that I have with the girl at the front desk. Girl: Can I help you? Me: Hi, I have a 11:15 appointment with ________. Girl:___________ isn't in today. Me: Then why do I have an appointment? Girl:Well, _________ has several appointments set up for today but we cancelled them. Me:I didn't get a call to tell me that the appointment was cancelled. Girl:We don't call you, we just clear them out of the computer. At this point I just say Wow,Thanks...and walk out. So..Their office calls me for an appointment that I don't need but then doesn't let me know they really don't want me to come in..Makes sense to me! In one way, it made me giggle..because I know ________ did not set up the appointments. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Ok, so today I had my first appointment with Oncology. I am learning all kinds of terminology. There are so many big medical words to describe something as simple as cancer and how to take care of it. After much discussion, everything that I learned today.. 1. The decision Jeff and I made about having a double mastectomy was a really smart decision. I am HER2 receptive, which means to me that if I had left the other breast, the chances of the cancer coming back were pretty good and I would have had to have treatment to lessen my chances. Because I removed both, the chances are gone and no treatment is needed!Blessings! 2. The lung carcinoid is SOOO slow growing and is not evasive, so nothing needs to be done before the surgery to it! Blessings! 3. No other cancer was found! BLESSINGS! I did have to have more blood test done today, but I am on the path to being a pro at it! So next week I meet with the lung doctor and we should have a plan as to how to remove the carcinoid and when..Hurry up and wait... Today was a good day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout