Sunday, October 20, 2013

In a holding pattern...

So tomorrow morning was suppose to be my surgery day...because of government shutdown, I was postponed to November 4th. I really didn't even want to share when my new date is because it might change again. I am in a holding pattern. -Noun:1. a traffic pattern for aircraft at a specified location (holding point) where they are ordered to remain until permitted to land or proceed. 2. a state or period in which no progress or change is made or planned. So I am basically number 2. It was hard to go into work and tell my boss and the gal who does all the schedules {for the interpreters (terps), signing aides (that's me) and the kids to make everything run smooth}, that I was not going to be out as planned. BUT...please put everyone on a holding pattern for me..UUUUGGGGG! MANY years ago I used to love to be spontaneous and hate-ed being held to a schedule. As time went on, being a mother, I came to live by it, as if it were the only way to function. It makes it easier to plan when to have a panic attack...Lets see..it is 2:00 in the afternoon... NOPE... Don't have time for a panic attack, kids have sports and I am bringing the snacks. So needless to say, this Holding Pattern has really put me in a funk. I am trying to plan out my days now. Lucky for me, I have been put on a committee with a few women and we are in charge of putting together a special day for the women at church to come together to do crafts and have classes, to socialize and better themselves. This has kept my brain busy with coming up with craft ideas and making them easy for the basic crafter to do. I am also using this time to cook like crazy to get stuff in the freezer that I know my family will eat. The big problem is I really have no idea how long I will really be down. A co-worker had the same surgery and told me I would feel better in about 2 weeks but take 6 weeks to really regain my strength. My doctor has taken me off work for almost 3 months after surgery. I am told this is the most painful surgery even worse than open heart. That's not scary at all!?!?! I have so many people praying for me and encouraging me. I am blessed!!!! SO..we continue in our holding pattern...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Hidden Beauty

Hidden Beauty

Layout